This may seem like a dumb question, but what do you guys do 5 days a week in an office? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but what goes on?
That's definitely not a dumb question...actually, it's a good one!
When GCN first began, Justin was the only employee and was able to do everything necessary from his apartment. That was nine years ago. Now, GCN has three full-time employees and hundreds of volunteers. Some of the things done by GCN include:
- Working with churches across the country
- Maintaining a community of over 17,000 worldwide, that includes online and offline activities
- Working with other organizations to build bridges between the LGBT and Christian communities
- Organizing, and sometimes facilitating, speaking engagements across the country
- Planning an annual conference that brings together hundreds of people from around the world
- Providing support to individuals, families, churches, and others on a daily basis
With all that is going on at GCN, it makes the most sense to have a centralized office space to most-efficiently work on projects. When questions come up, people are all in one space to work on an answer. Viewed from another perspective, it also makes sense to have a physical office space to help employees (and future employees) keep a healthy separation from work and home.
I hope that helps answer your question. If not, I am most-definitely open to help provide more answers!
Director of Operations