Need Support? Looking for a Resource?
If you have questions or just need someone to talk to, GCN is the place to go! There’s a lot to explore on our website, but here are a few of the places we recommend for you. Click a link below to see some personalized recommendations.
Support for Parents, Friends, and Family
- Has someone you know recently come out of the closet? Want help understanding their struggles and how best to respond as a parent? Our DVD, Through My Eyes, is filled with compelling stories to help you understand what your loved one is going through.
- Justin Lee’s book, TORN: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate, is also full of engaging stories and helpful advice for parents.
- Looking to connect with other parents in the same boat? GCN’s annual conference includes workshops and events specifically for parents and other family members.
- Personal connections from the privacy of your own computer are available via GCN’s online community. Connect with others like you on our Parents, Family, and Friends message board.
Support for Pastors, Churches, and Groups
- Whether your church/group is conservative, progressive, or somewhere in the middle, we have a speaker for you! Contact our office to find out about the affordable options we offer for engaging presentations to address your church or group’s biggest questions in a fun, nonthreatening way.
- GCN’s church toolkit is the perfect resource for churches looking for a way to talk about homosexuality with grace, not controversy. The included DVD and booklet offer three different approaches based on the specific needs and beliefs of your congregation.
- Is your church or group looking for a good grace-filled book to study on this subject? TORN: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate was written by our executive director and has been widely praised by both conservatives and liberals as an important resource for the church. Contact our office for bulk order discounts, and check out some of the other books we like on our book review page.
Support for LGBTQ Christians
- You are not alone! Connect with thousands of other Christians like you on our online community forums. Browse anonymously, or register a free account to post messages, make friends, ask for advice, and access private forums for your denomination, local area, and more. With over 20,000 members and over a hundred different forum choices, this is the place to connect with LGBTQ Christians worldwide.
- GCN’s annual conference is a great place for supportive, face-to-face Christian fellowship, worship, speakers, and fun. It’s a friendly environment with lots of new people every year. Bring family or friends for extra discounts, or come by yourself and make new friends for life.
- GCN members in various areas around the world meet periodically for social events, Bible study, and local fellowship. Register a free GCN account and visit your GCN control panel to activate your local group in the online forums. There you can find out what’s going on in your area!
- Check out our long-running podcast, GCN Radio, to hear news, interviews, and discussion on the LGBTQ Christian world. You can download and listen to all of our past episodes from the GCN Radio page, or subscribe in iTunes to get new episodes delivered to you automatically each week.
- The GCN Store includes DVDs, books, and other resources to support you in your own questions or to give to friends, church, or family to help them understand you.
- And if you’re in the mood for a laugh, check out Straight to Heaven, a hilarious parody musical you can watch online for free.
Support for Youth
- Through My Eyes is a GCN-produced DVD all about the struggles of young gay Christians—a great resource not only for you, but for your parents, pastor, and anyone else who has trouble understanding what you’re going through.
- For free online resources, check out Gay Christian Answers, a YouTube video series dealing with many of the questions you might have, including advice for coming out to your parents, questions about the Bible, and more.
- Need someone to talk to? Our online community is filled with supportive, friendly people; just post a message to ask your questions and watch as the replies come in from folks around the world! We even have special forums just for you. (Note: We work hard to keep our community safe, but we can't verify the identity of every person who registers. If you see or experience anything with a GCN member that doesn’t seem quite right, contact our office to let us know right away. You can also contact us with any other questions you have, and we’ll do our best to help!)
- For your weekly encouragement, subscribe to our GCN Radio podcast or visit the GCN Radio page to download any or all of the past shows.